Our industry traditionally approached Booth Lighting by pumping out large quantities of ambient light, achieving only adequate levels at the task surface. Failing to control light wastes energy. But if it were directed to the task, less energy would be required.
Rethinking Booth Lighting Design
To address this, change is necessary in the booth light design. The first step is eliminating VHO (1500mA) lamps and utilizing energy efficient lamps, such as the T8/HO (800mA). With more controlled optics, even the 32-watt T8 (265mA) could be used, saving up to 80 watts per lamp.
Many companies are “retro-fitting” existing luminaires to reduce energy. Replacing old VHO lamps and magnetic ballasts with more efficient T8/HO lamp and electronic ballast combinations does achieve energy savings, and may provide adequate light levels. However, this is not the optimum solution— undirected light is still wasting energy.
We worked closely with automobile manufacturers to develop luminaires that direct light where it is needed most, while maximizing efficiency potential. This reduces consumption without jeopardizing the quantity and quality of light on the task.
The key is an adjustable specular reflector system with each lamp. This innovation allows the same unit to be used in various locations, eliminating multiple luminaires for multiple tasks. It also simplifies selecting the appropriate luminaire for your booth application. Several models have this reflector system available.
Paramount Booth Lighting Features:
- UL Listed for use in paint spray booths
- UL 844 Listed for Class I, Div. 2 and Class II, Div. 2
- Adjustable specular reflector system (optional, only available on some models)
- Silicone-free construction
- Energy efficient
- Stainless steel mounting flange, custom flange available
Front Access Models:
- Service inside the spray booth
- Lens frame with continuous piano hinge and “D” ring handle
- External protective flange prevents paint buildup around lens frame
- Prop rod holds lens frame open during servicing
Rear Access Models:
- Service from outside spray booth
- Removable servicing panel with handle
Fixed Reflector Booth Lights:
- For standard applications, in front or rear-access versions
Paramount Industries has a long history of collaborating with engineers of major automotive manufactures, helping to create successful lighting solutions for challenging booth applications. We offer a variety of standard sizes in both front and rear access models, as well as custom designs are available. Feel free to contact us for solutions to your tough booth lighting needs.
- To learn more about Paramount’s Booth Lighting products, click HERE
- For a Booth Lighting Technical sheet, click HERE
- To watch a Booth Lighting video, click HERE
- For a Booth Lighting application photos, click HERE
- To view a Booth Lighting Application Photo Gallery post, click HERE
- For Paramount’s “Manufactured in the USA” details, click HERE
©1997-2017 Paramount Industries, Inc. 304 North Howard St. PO Box 259 Croswell, MI 48422 800-521-5405 fax 810-679-4045. All logos remain the property of their corporate owners and are for illustrative purposes only. No corporate endorsement by Paramount Industries have been given, nor is one implied. The P-Mark logo is a trademark of Paramount Industries. All rights reserved.