HAZARDOUS LOCATION LIGHTING
We manufacture luminaires for specific Hazardous locations. These Paramount models are constructed with heavy-duty materials and sealants to ensure high integrity. The National Electric Code outlines requirements for luminaires where combustible or explosive hazards may exist. Locations are classified by the properties of the flammable materials and the degree of hazard.
Our luminaires are suitable for:
- Class I, Division 2
Locations where flammable gases or vapors, normally contained or insufficiently present, may become present in explosive or ignitable quantities by accident.
- Class II, Division 2
Locations where combustible dusts, normally contained or insufficiently present, may become present in explosive or ignitable quantities by accident.
- Class III
Locations where easily ignitable fibers may be present. Our Class III luminaires carry a Class II, Division 2 label from UL.
To specify the proper luminaire, be sure to use the appropriate prefix:
- H – Prefix luminaires are for Class I, Division 2 and Class II, Division 2 locations.
- Z – Prefix luminaires are for Class I, Division 2 locations only.
Hazardous Location Technical Information
Paramount Industries, Inc. manufactures LED, Fluorescent and HID luminaires listed by Underwriters Laboratories as suitable for use in the following classified environments:
- Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D (H OR Z Prefix)
- Class II, Division 2, Groups F & G (H Prefix)
- Class III, Divisions 1 & 2 (H Prefix)
Please note that equipment suitable for one class and group is not necessarily suitable for any other class and group. To protect against explosions in hazardous locations, all luminaires exposed to the hazardous atmospheres are required to be suitable for each location. Do not take for granted that luminaires suitable for Class I use are also suitable for Class ll use. Grain dust, for example, will ignite at a temperature lower than most flammable vapors.
- To learn more about Paramount’s Hazardous Lighting, click HERE
- For a list of all available Hazardous Luminaires, click HERE
- To view Hazardous Lighting application photos, click HERE
- To view Paramount’s Hazardous Location Definitions, click HERE
- For a Specialized Environment Lighting video, click HERE
- For Paramount’s “Manufactured in the USA” details, click HERE
- To learn more about Paramount’s long, innovative history, click HERE
~ High Performance Lighting Solutions since 1947 ~
©1997-2018 Paramount Industries, Inc. 304 North Howard St. PO Box 259 Croswell, MI 48422 800-521-5405 fax 810-679-4045. All logos remain the property of their corporate owners and are for illustrative purposes only. No corporate endorsement by Paramount Industries have been given, nor is one implied. The P-Mark logo is a trademark of Paramount Industries. Craft Lite® is a trademark of Paramount Industries. Starduster® is a trademark of Paramount Industries. Techniseal® is a trademark of Paramount Industries. All Rights Reserved.